Friday, February 8, 2008

Stuff and Nonsense

So, I've been sick the last couple days, which has led to even more useless web-browsing than usual. I just downloaded a shit-load of Bill Nye episodes. Also, my second batch of Netflix free trial movies came in and I watched those. Included this time were "The Tripper", "They Live":



and "Evolver. I was especially looking forward to "Evolver", because it is one of those movies that I grew up with. Well, "mid-childhood" grew up with, I guess I was nine or something when it came out on video. Anyway, it features a young Ethan Embry (credited as Ethan Randall) as a mid-90s computer nerd who plays a virtual reality game called "Evolver", in which the enemy gets smarter and smarter each level. After manipulating the results of a contest, he wins a prototype of the real Evolver robot which, surprise surprise, was created using abandoned military technology and soon goes from playing games to actually killing people. It's great fun.

Anyway. Um. Yeah, that's it.

No comments: